Bid for over PLN 1.43 billion, placed by a consortium of companies the leader of which is Torpol, in the tender regarding modernisation of the Łódź Fabryczna Railway Station has been deemed the most advantageous.
Yesterday, i.e. on 24 May 2011, the bid placed by a consortium of companies the leader of which is Torpol – a 100% subsidiary of Polimex-Mostostal – has been deemed the most advantageous.
The Ordering Party comprises: PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe S.A. with its registered office in Warsaw, the City of Łódź and Polskie Koleje Państwowe S.A. [Polish State Railways] with its registered office in Warsaw.
The bid was placed by a consortium of the following companies:
TORPOL Sp. z o.o. – Consortium Leader,
Przedsiębiorstwo Usług Technicznych INTERCOR Sp. z o.o.,
Przedsiębiorstwo Budowy Dróg i Mostów Sp. z o.o.
The scope of the bid covers modernisation of Warszawa – Łódź railway line, stage II, LOT B2 – section Łódź Widzew – Łódź Fabryczna inclusive of the Łódź Fabryczna railway station, construction of the underground part of the Łódź Fabryczna railway station appropriated to train clearance and admission of trains as well as passenger services, reconstruction of the road system and infrastructure around the multimodal Łódź Fabryczna railway station, and construction of an integrated transfer junction over and below Węglowa Street.
The value of the bid amounts to PLN 1,430,316,627.41 net.
Estimated participation of Torpol in the works amounts to: 40%.
The signature of the contract will take place following fulfilment of the conditions provided for in the Public Procurement Law.
-Distinguishing among the activities conducted by the Polimex-Mostostal Group are the road and railway building engineering where some material contracts are being executed. Among others, they include:
·a contract for the construction of the A-4 motorway along the section of: Rzeszów (Rzeszów East junction) – Jarosław (Wierzbna junction) of the value of PLN 2.196 billion,
· a contract for the construction of the Stryków – Tuszyn section of the A1 motorway of the value of PLN 1.16 billion,
· a contract for the construction of a section of the S69 expressway of the value of PLN 788.1 million,
· a contract for the modernisation of a section of the E30/C-E30 Kraków - Rzeszów railway line of the value of PLN 656.6 million,
· a contract for the modernisation of a section of the E 65/CE Warszawa – Gdynia railway line of the value of PLN 489.1 million,
informs Konrad Jaskóła, President of the Management Board of Polimex-Mostostal SA.
- We are participating in bidding procedures regarding further projects, including road and railway projects. This bid is yet another one considered by the Ordering Party to be the most advantageous. Following the awaited signature of the contracts, the value of our order portfolio will reach a very high amount exceeding PLN 10 billion, adds President Jaskóła.
- The Group is commencing the activity in the railway building sector in Norway. Torpol – a Group company – is placing bids there and has already signed the first contract for works of the value of PLN 40 million. With time, we shall participate in tenders regarding orders of many times higher values. We are prepared to effectively compete for orders on the local market where, in the coming years and at the expense of many billions of Euros, the railway infrastructure is to be modernised, informs Jaskóła.
- We have also received an inquiry from Romania regarding execution of a contract for the modernisation of a railway line to be financed by the European Union, adds the President.
- We expect that in the coming months there will be arising further tenders for the construction and modernisation of motorways, expressways and city ring roads as well as contracts in the road building segment. Polimex-Mostostal will participate in the realisation of those investments, concludes Jaskóła.