Polimex-Mostostal has signed another contract for the construction of a motorway for 779 million PLN.
Today, i.e. on 22.12.2009, Polimex-Mostostal S.A. signed with the Generalna Dyrekcja Dróg Krajowych i Autostrad (General Diractorate for National Roads and Motorways), Branch Office Krakow, a contract for the construction of the A4 motorway along the section from the Szarów junction to the Brzesko junction (455+900 km – 479+000 km).
The Contract will be executed by a consortium of the following companies:
Polimex Mostostal S.A. - Consortium leader,
Doprastav a. s., Bratislava – consortium partner,
Metrostav a.s., Prague – consortium partner.
Polimex-Mostostal participation in the consortium amounts to 51%.
Contract gross value: 778,902,126.78 PLN (seven hundred and seventy-eight million, nine hundred and two thousand, one hundred and twenty-six point seven eight PLN).
Contract net value: 638,444,366.21 PLN (six hundred and thirty-eight million, four hundred and forty-four thousand, three hundred and sixty-six hundred point two one PLN).
Execution period: 24 months of the works commencement date.
The scope of contract works covers, among other things, the construction of:
an motorway section of the length of 23.1 kilometres with two lanes in each direction as well as emergency lanes,
two motorway junctions (the Bochnia and the Brzesko junctions),
two traveller service points in the towns of Kłaj and Stanisławice,
acoustic baffles and road barriers.
- Since the beginning of the year, Polimex-Mostostal has signed numerous contracts, including contracts for the realisation of large road-related investments:
- of the value of nearly 844 million PLN gross for the construction of section B of the A-2 motorway Stryków - Konotopa,
- for the construction of a section of the A1 motorway from the Sośnica junction to the Maciejów junction for 1.1 billion PLN net,
- for the realisation of extension of Surzycki - Christo Botew Streets and construction of Śliwiak Street in Krakow, contract gross value: 80 million PLN, - informs President of the Management Board, Konrad Jaskóła.
- We are successively supplementing the portfolio with further orders. We have also recently made a bid with the best price for the construction of a power unit at a heat and power generating plant in Bielsko-Biała for 500 million PLN. We hope that in the coming future we will also sign this contract, concludes Konrad Jaskóła.