Polimex-Mostostal SA contract worth nearly 500 million PLN gross for the construction of a heat unit at the Bielsko-Biała EC1 Heat and Power Generating Plant has been signed.
Today, i.e. on 29.12.2009, Polimex-Mostostal SA signed a contract with the Południowy Koncern Energetyczny SA for the construction of a heat unit.
As part of the contract concluded, Polimex-Mostostal will construct at the premises of the Bielsko-Biała EC1 Heat and Power Generating Plant a coalfuelled heat unit fuelled inclusive of the infrastructure, comprising a fluidised boiler of the output of 219 t/h and a bleeding and heating turbine set of the power of approx. 51 MWe inclusive of a heat generating unit of the heating power of approx. 106 MWt. The scope also covers a heat accumulator of the capacity of 20 thousand m³ and delivery of two peak load water boilers of total heat generating power of 76 MWt.
In accordance with the scope of the contract, Polimex-Mostostal S.A. shall be responsible for the development of the design documentation, delivery of equipment and systems, installation, launching and commissioning of the heat unit.
Contract net value: 409,700,000 PLN (in words: four hundred and nine million, seven hundred thousand PLN).
Contract gross value: 499,834,000 PLN (in words: four hundred and ninetynine million, eight hundred and thirty-four thousand PLN).
Contract realisation period: 31.03.2013
- Polish power engineering requires very significant inputs on the development of new capacities and modernisation of the existing production capacities. Within the several coming years, investments in the Polish power engineering may reach several hundred billion PLN. Manners of funding projects in the power engineering sector are becoming more and more defined, and bidding procedures are speeding up. Polimex-Mostostal intends to significantly participate in the realisation of those investments, informs Konrad Jaskóła, President of the Management Board.
- Bearing that in mind, we are developing an organisation strong in Poland and in this part of Europe, being a reliable partner for investors, having significant capacities of the Group to realise, as a general contractor, large investments in the fuel power engineering and heat engineering as well as basing on renewable resources, adds President Jaskóła.
- To that end, we are realising a far-fetched reorganisation involving inclusion in the structures of the Company of up to seven companies of the Polimex-Mostostal Group operating in the power engineering and oil industry. We want to execute the process during the year 2010. We are already providing investors with an over 4,500-person team of personnel and employees specialising in the power engineering sector.We have also taken a decision on establishing a Design Centre localised in Gliwice. We are developing it based on the merged Energotechnika and Biprokwas companies. At the Design Centre, as well as at other design studios belonging to the Group, several hundred highly specialised engineers design, among other things, power systems. Our own Design Centre is a response to the limited design capacities constituting the so-called bottleneck of the timely project realisation and a way to further increase competitiveness of our offers, explains the President.
- We shall be seeking latest global technologies so as to compete with the largest companies of the sector in the ‘one down’ position. Our portfolio features contracts with the largest Polish and foreign power engineering companies. Among other contracts, we are currently realising:
- a contract for the delivery and installation of 6,819 tons of steel structures and installation of 1,628 tons of equipment of the value of nearly 84 million PLN net for the Bełchatów Power Plant stoking system.
- a contract for the delivery and installation of steel structures at the Neurath Power Plant in Grevenbroich, Germany, for over 55 million PLN net.
- Polimex-Mostostal, as a consortium leader and general contractor, also participates in the tender for the constructio